Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Bakery


There is a bakery at school that has some decent food. I can’t tell what most of the items sold there are supposed to be, but some are identifiable.

In the center of this photo is something quite delicious. However, it is so sweet, that I don’t think I’ll be purchasing another one any time soon. The outer layer of this dessert is some sort of gummy coating that is really thick on the bottom. Inside, there is cream and pieces of fruit on top, and a small chunk of cake at the bottom. It is really tasty, and only costs 7RMB ($1.11).

The cake on the right cost 4RMB ($0.60), and was really tasteless. I think I'll be able to avoid eating that again...

The bread on the left was really good. My Chinese coworker said they call it pineapple bread. However, it tastes nothing like pineapple. It's more like a really sweet dessert bread. 

I don’t often shop at the on-campus bakery simply because everything there is so sweet, and I already get to eat lunch in the cafeteria for free. I’d have to pay to eat at the bakery. However, there are a number of students who chose to eat in the bakery for each meal, every day. I guess this is how one could identify the really wealthy students: just look for the kids holding multiple 100RMB bills in their hands at lunch time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment