Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chinese Cafeteria Cuisine

The cafeteria food here is kind of gross. 
Most of the time I eat very little of what is given to me. 
However, I have gotten into the habit of taking a photo of what is put on my tray each day. 
Most of the meat is unidentifiable, there is nothing given to us to drink, and the fruit is always bland. 
I have learned that vegetable dishes are the safest things to eat, however, they are always swimming in oil. 
I came to China not being the biggest fan of rice, but now it seems like rice is the only thing I can actually eat. 
Enjoy...

Oh, and please pardon the fact that some of the photos below are sideways...I changed them to the correct angle, but when I uploaded them they switched back.

This is what the teacher's cafeteria looks like.
It is exactly like the students' cafeteria, but without the students.

This is my card that I scan as I get my food. I think it costs 7 RMB ($1.11) for lunch...but I can't remember.
One of the lunch ladies never lets me pay. I always try to give her my card to scan, but she never takes it, and insists that I eat for free. I'm not quite sure why.


















When we are done with our meal, we dump the left over food into these giant buckets of nastiness. 


And to think, I thought the cafeteria food at my high school was gross...

2 comments:

  1. That seems like a lot of food! It's too bad it isn't tasty.

    It really looks awful. I'm sorry :(

    ReplyDelete