Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fun Weekend

This last weekend I went and stayed in Chengdu with my friend Crystal from church. 
It was great, because I got to do a lot of things that I hadn't done yet. 
On Friday evening we went out to dinner with Crystal's roommate 
to The Lazy Pug, which I wrote about a few days ago
After dinner, we went to get a massage. 
We each got foot and back massages. 
I really liked the foot massage, but there were times during the back massage where I wanted to punch the guy in the face because it hurt so bad.
I may or may not be really tense in my neck...
On Saturday we went to Jinli street. 
You can read about this portion of Chengdu here
If you look closely, you can see that this little boy has pandas on his knees. 
Kind of odd... 
Late Saturday evening, after we had dinner, we went to Bread Talk and got some ice cream. 
The room smelled so good because they were making waffle cones right in front of us. 

Crystal lives really close to the pet district. 
Here, you can buy fish, frogs, salamanders, turtles, alligators, dogs, cats, rabbits, and many others that I probably just didn't see. 
We thought it was really funny that this cat was tied up, sitting in a room filled with open fish tanks. 
These fish are kind of strange as the designs on their sides
 have been made by markers where people have drawn on them. 
This is the cat we found stuck on the top of the fish tanks. He kept putting his paw into the fish tank, but I think he was having a difficult time balancing on the edge of the glass tank. 



No comments:

Post a Comment