Friday, October 26, 2012

Farewell China

I made the mistake of traveling to China and expecting to get paid what I was promised over the phone. 
A few weeks ago I went to my boss to find out how and when I get paid. 
It was only then that I discovered that my paycheck would be significantly less than I expected. 

I had been warned about accepting a job in China, but I stupidly ignored it. 
If you want more information about how Chinese companies tend to work, go to this link
Check out the article. It's worth the read. 

So, long story short, I decided to come home. 
Thanks to contract and visa issues, I am now back in Oregon. 

I found out on Sunday evening that I'd be leaving for the airport Monday evening.
My flight left Chengdu at 12:10am on Tuesday.
I flew to South Korea (where I had a 12 hour layover), then to L.A, Phoenix, and finally to Portland. 

I am now hunting for a job. 

The only photos I have left to share are what I took on my last day of teaching. 
And this was my last official Chinese meal. 
Spicy Sichuan noodles, and chicken with peanuts. 
Adios China. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was sudden! Welcome home! :) And good for you for sticking up for yourself and not staying where contracts wouldn't be honored. :)

    ReplyDelete